Re: [Call For Review] How to Add a Favicon to your Site

Karl Dubost wrote:

> We drafted a document on
>     "How to add a favicon to your Site"
>     http://www.w3.org/2005/10/howto-favicon
>
> The document is open for reviews, suggestions and proposals.

It would be nice if you actually provided a profile that people can use.
I doubt that anybody who just wants to have a pretty picture in the
address bar / bookmark menu will go off and learn the secret art of
GRDDL (I mean, I'm a designer with a reasonable technical inclination,
but that just made no sense to me at first glance).

Or have I got the above issue wrong, and you're suggesting that the
profile in your sample code (http://www.w3.org/2005/11/profile) is the
one that people should be using? If it's the latter, then this may need
clarification.

Also possibly worth mentioning the "shortcut icon" rel attribute which
many people wrongly use.

Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com
http://webstandards.org/