Re: Valid XML

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 23:53:24 +0200
To: "Jim Ley" <jim@jibbering.com>
Cc: <public-evangelist@w3.org>

* Jim Ley wrote:
>No, the start of the thread, which Bjoern joined was about XML conformance,
>and how Bloglines didn't follow XML conformance ruels.  If you recall it was
>about a problem with an RSS XML document with broken encoding from
>http://www.webstandards.org/buzz/buzz.xml [1] which was parsed normally by
>Bloglines (albeit with wrongly interpreted characters) I was asking for help
>in how to ask Bloglines to obey the XML guidelines.  Bjoern was just asking
>for similar help with XHTML guidelines.

Actually, my comment was concerned with XML well-formedness aswell, the
apparent site maintainer said that "last thing [he] want[s] to do is
start fixing" these problems and I like you I am still wondering what an
appropriate response would be. It's unfortunate this turned into a more
general XHTML discussion.