Re: Valid XML

* Karl Dubost wrote:
>I don't have Windows IE (any version). Does it fail or succeed to
>render this? If yes I guess a bug report should be sent. For the
>other case too.
>
><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
>      "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
><script src="thing.src" type="text/javascript"/>
><title>Chickens!</title>
><h1>Chickens</h1>

I am not sure what you mean by "render" here, clearly the document is
non-compliant and HTML 4.01 does not define processing of non-compliant
content, so any kind of processing would be compliant. Note that

  <script src="thing.src" type="text/javascript"/>

is equivalent to

  <script src="thing.src" type="text/javascript">>

in HTML 4 so at least the "><title>Chickens!" is part of the script
which means that the document lacks the required title element.

>* About C.14
>
>Why do you need this with "XHTML 1.0" served as text/html?

http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#C_14 does not make any sense, this has been
reported to the HTML Working Group many times, though I am not aware of
any response.