Re: Valid XML

* Jim Ley wrote:
>How to we encourage sites to care about valid XML?

>I really can't see how I can approach bloglines now and ask for them to
>follow the XML standards, does anyone have any arguments I could use?

Hi Jim, it is most disappointing to see that no-one responded to your
inquiry. I am now unfortunately in a similar situation, I found that a
new Wiki web site concerned with W3C technology uses non-compliant
XHTML all over the site and asked whether this could be fixed. The
response I got was

[...]
  Unfortunately we didn't write the Wiki engine. The whole point of
  using Wiki software is to make publishing easier, so the last thing
  I want to do is start fixing problems in other people's software.
  However, I do believe there is an enormous space here for a really
  well done Wiki engine (the one we are using was our fifth try to
  find one that suited our needs), so maybe one day we will have time
  to fix the problem.
[...]

I am not sure how to proceed. Did you find a good way to approach
bloglines? Or maybe other public-evangelist list members could suggest
an appropriate response that would help encouraging them to use proper
XHTML or HTML?