Re: XHTML 1.0 versus HTML 4.01

Hi Karl

Quoting Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>:

> Le 05-05-06 à 16:22, Vincent François a écrit :
> > What do you think about the idea of going back to HTML 4.01 because
> > XHTML 1.0 is delivered as text/html ?
>
> You don't go back to something. You only choose the language which
> suits your need. There's nothing wrong in one or the other.

Section 11.1 of WCAG 1.0 states:
"Use W3C technologies when they are available and appropriate for a task and use
the latest versions when supported. [Priority 2]" [1]

Surely for WCAG AA compliance you have to use XHTML 1.0 (assuming XHTML 1.0 is
the latest version of HTML)?  Note the above statement gives no hint of any
user choice, along the lines you suggest.

Brian

Reference

 1 http://www.w3.org/TR/WAI-WEBCONTENT/

--