HTML/XHTML usage survey

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 14:51:41 -0500
To: 'public-evangelist@w3.org' <public-evangelist@w3.org>
Happy new year Angels,
	(the first one who calls me Charlie… will be sent on a dangerous
mission ;) )

I know that there are on this list people who have done surveys of
validity.

I would like to know if someone has been curious enough to know to push
a bit further by analyzing this:

* Statistical Quantitative analysis  (automatic)
- Which HTML elements are used in Web pages?
- Which frequency ?
- Are valid Web pages richer than non-valid ones. (bigger varieties of
HTML element)
- The same for attribute

* Qualitative analysis (human)
- Are the elements and the attributes used appropriately?
- Is it NOT possible to define the proper use?

I think that would be interesting to do that kind of study in people
running classes too. At the beginning of a HTML class and at the end of
a HTML class to see if the students understand the meaning of HTML and
what's really useful for them in the language.

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***