Re: web standards project article

Karl Dubost wrote:

> Yes it's one of the issues of HTML/XHTML which has different implications:
>
> * The semantic of XHTML/HTML is not defined as a conformance requirement.
>     Related: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa/2004Oct/0008
>     It's a very difficult topic that I could explain a little bit more
> if people need it.
> * How do we explain Semantics of HTML/XHTML?
> * Do we need a best practices guide?
> * Should this best practices guide be part of an XHTML Specification? or
> a separate document? or part of a collective effort for example done
> here on this mailing-list?

Seconding John Colby, yes to all the above.

Shirley Kaiser has a good article on the subject of HTML, XHTML
semantics and structure:
http://www.brainstormsandraves.com/articles/semantics/structure/

I think a collective effort would be useful, though lengthy. Perhaps a
good way to begin is for a small leading subgroup of 3 or 4 people to
take a lead on it and present something back to this list for
input/discussion?

cheers,
-steph