RE: XHTML Best Practices - a project

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 17:28:45 -0000
To: "'Karl Dubost'" <karl@w3.org>, <public-evangelist@w3.org>

<snip/>
> Things you have to remember in this kind of exercise:
> 	- we are here to share ideas
> 	- we are working in an international context with
> multi-cultural
> needs. Don't forget to listen other cultures (basically don't do a
> north-american only best practices guide).
<snip/>

> * BACKGROUND MATERIALS *

<snap/>

Thanks for mentioning the internationalization aspects, Karl.  The i18n
Activity is trying to evangelise best practises, too.  We have some material
that may be useful, or we may be able to help develop useful material.  See
our site http://www.w3.org/International

Particularly useful starting points may include:
http://www.w3.org/International/resource-index and
http://www.w3.org/International/geo/html-tech/outline/html-authoring-outline
(still in development, but an attempt to organise things in a task oriented
way)

I think it would be useful to have an 'index' of elements and attributes
too, that point into the task-oriented stuff.

RI

Richard Ishida
W3C

contact info: