Re: Best Practices in HTML Re: The use of W3C standards in Denmark Part II

* Karl Dubost wrote:
>http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/global.html#edef-ADDRESS
>
>	"""The ADDRESS element may be used by authors to
>	supply contact information for a document or a major
>	part of a document such as a form. This element often
>	appears at the beginning or end of a document."""

>Which makes for ADDRESS element a MAY.
>	http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2119.txt

Yes, I am not required to use <address> for contact information, I can
use <p> instead or omit contact information from the document. Is there
anything in HTML 4.01 that allows to use the <address> element for non-
contact information (which seems to be your point?)

>I have already an exercise with this game.
>	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa/2003Mar/0093

It would also be an interesting exercice to figure out whether

  * http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa/2003Mar/0093
  * http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa/2003Mar/thread.html

violate (implicit or explicit) MUSTs or SHOULDs of the relevant
specifications...