Best Practices in HTML Re: The use of W3C standards in Denmark Part II

Le 08 mars 2004, à 10:54, Tex Texin a écrit :
> pages, just validation or disagreement between the page and the DTD.
> So it is
> possible for pages to be non-standard or have errors and still
> validate.

Do you mean with regards to other specifications than HTML like for
example accessibility?
or with regards to the semantics defined in each HTML specifications
(taking into account, there's no conformance section defining that an
HTML document MUST respect the Semantics of HTML.)

Do you have something else in mind?

> Perhaps there is a need for a "checker" which attempts to identify all
> possible
> violations of relevant w3c standards.

What kind of checker would you imagine? How will it operate?
Automatically, manually?

> Note my point is not (here anyway) to lobby for a change to the
> standards, but
> to incorproate into these surveys the opportunities to get insight and
> explanations for the behaviors found. The info can help the design of
> future
> standards or the development of tools to improve migration and
> upgrading.

explore possibilities of good markup for HTML.

	http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTMLBestPractices

Someone has already started that and with the contribution of many
people, he has explored HTML Markup. I'm pretty sure, it could be
pushed a bit further.

	http://www.simplebits.com/bits/simplequiz/

He will publish a book (PS: I don't know if all people who have
participated in the comments will have money in return or at least a
free copy of the book ;)).

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***