Re: HTML Validity of Wikis (was RE: The use of W3C standards in Denmark Part II)

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 18:03:45 +0100
To: public-evangelist@w3.org

Le 05 mars 2004, à 17:44, Brian Kelly a écrit :
> Added some thoughts.  I'm pleased to see W3C experminting with Wikis.
> I've only just got into Wikis recently.  One slight concern I have is
> the
> validity of Wiki pages (I created some pages in the Wikipedia, with
> some
> embedded HTML).

Yes you are completely right Brian. I'm always afraid to look at the
source code of the Web pages produced  MoinMoin wiki engine. :/

W3C People have tried to help the main developpers to fix their code
but they didn't want to integrate the patches.

Though there is still hope.

There's a project to fix the kernel of the engine

* WikiDomFormatter as prototype for generating valid output.

In the 1.2 Release, you will have

	refactoring HTML (make it HTML 4.01 compliant)
		the macros RandomQuote and Include use send_page. This creates
multiple divs with id="content". id must be unique.

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***