XHTML Validator to RSS

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 10:24:34 -0400
To: public-evangelist@w3.org
Ben Hammersley has created a service, a widget to automatically knows
in its RSS reader which pages are valid or invalid. At first sight, It
seems to be a very neat monitoring tool, which looks like the
LogValidator but on the web.
	http://www.w3.org/QA/Tools/LogValidator/

Though I would like to hear about this service:
	1. the developer side
		- LogValidator
		- W3C Validator
	2. the users side
		What do you think about usability, will it be useful for you?

This is the text from Ben

http://www.benhammersley.com/tools/xhtml_validator_to_rss.html

"""
The w3cís XHTML validation service is tremendously useful, but itís a
pain to be continually checking it for breakages, and then working
through the errors when they occur. Their user interface leaves a bit
to be desired as well.

  Personally, I like nice to-do lists and automatic checking of my
pages. So to combine the two, Iíve made a widget to create a XHTML
Validation Results RSS feed from any page.

To use it, just append your URL to
http://www.benhammersley.com/tools/validate.cgi?url= and subscribe to
that in your nearest RSS reader. e.g.

http://www.benhammersley.com/tools/validate.cgi?url=http://
www.benhammersley.com/tools/xhtml_validator_to_rss.html

The validation is redone everytime the feed is requested. If there are
no errors, the feed will be empty. Silence is golden, in other worlds.
Simple and handy, but subject to possible breakages as the w3c
validator evolves. Iíll try to keep up. Until then, have fun. The
source code is here.

  If you like this sort of thing, you might like my book on RSS as well.
"""

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***