Re: The Return of "WaSP Asks the W3C"

Jim Ley wrote:

> this, but it's a rather strange choice of question, as you've not answered
> "Why author XHTML?"

If XHTML is sent as application/xhtml+xml then there are definitely good
reasons such as mixing namespaces to author using XHTML.

If XHTML is sent as text/html then, in my opinion, there is no reason to
author XHTML and indeed there are reasons not to do so. Sending XHTML
through the HTML parser does not provide any benefit (other than
"looking cool") and will lead to yet another generation of authors who
learn bad habits and define the "XHTML standard" as whatever IE does.

Trust me. Been there. Done that. Mmmm Kay?

/bc