Re: Request for ideas, information

From: Tristan Nitot <tristan@nitot.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 11:07:09 +0100
To: public-evangelist@w3.org

Hi Kim,

Kim Nylander wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> Next week I'm presenting a talk ("The Quest for Compliance") on using
> W3C standards when creating and redesigning Web sites
> (http://www-conf.slac.stanford.edu/interlab03/).

Cool.

> Does anyone have suggestions where I could find specific, concrete
> facts to back up the benefits of using W3C standards on Web sites? I
> have one good measurement: size of the same page rendered using tables
> and using XHTML/CSS. Taking the sizes multiplied by number of page
> views in a given period, and then cost in bandwidth.

Netscape DevEdge still hosts some interesting stuff on this topic :

See http://devedge.netscape.com/viewsource/2003/media-farm/

In terms of bandwidth saving, the ESPN interview is great : see
http://devedge.netscape.com/viewsource/2003/espn-interview/01/

for more case studies, see
http://devedge.netscape.com/central/strategy/2003/case-studies/

For a more theory-oriented article, see my
http://devedge.netscape.com/viewsource/2003/why-web-standards/

> Any suggestions would be most welcome.
>
> Thanks.

Please let us know of the outcome, and I'd love to see you publish the
resulting presentation.

--Tristan

--
Contributeur Mozilla et OpenWebGroup