Proposal of a W3C feature

From: Olivier Meunier <om@neokraft.net>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 01:29:28 +0200
To: public-evangelist@w3.org

Hello,

I am a French web developper and documentations writer.
I write some documentations about web standards, HTML, CSS...

I thought of a service you could propose : a single URL to find the
specification of a given HTML markup. I give you 2 examples :

http://w3.org/shortcut/html?q=body will redirect to :
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/global.html#edef-BODY

http://w3.org/shortcut/html?q=caption will redirect to :
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/tables.html#edef-CAPTION

The benefit of such a service is the capability to automate links
creation in documentations, to create bookmarks in our browser.

Of course, there could be other specifications single link, eg:
http://w3.org/shortcut/css?q=%s
http://w3.org/shortcut/xslt?q=%s

The single link is not a replacement, just an imporvement which could be
given in the W3C matrix.

Regards.

--
Olivier Meunier