Re: Web Standard Switch in Arabic

From: Ahmed Bagi <Ahmed@abagi.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 14:34:21 +0100
To: <karl@w3.org>, "Najib Tounsi" <tounsi@emi.ac.ma>
Cc: <w3c-translators@w3.org>, <public-evangelist@w3.org>, <w3c-office-pr@w3.org>

It may be a good idea to use WC3 (in Arabic lettering) ratter than WC3 (in
English lettering)!

The following lead to the original (English text): it may have been a good
idea to leave them in English, see:

Quality Assurance

Technical Reports and (missed out Publications)

Site Index

Finding Your Way at W3C

About the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)

W3C Membership

QA Home Page  should link to: Latest News, Resources and Contacts

QA Interest Group (missed out QAIG)

Quality Assurance Calendar - Agenda and Minutes (too abbreviated: Quality
Assurance Calendar)

You have also translated standards as criteria and anglicised: web master!

The link to the original document does not work.

The whole thing needs a bit of revising and ‘flavouring’ so as it is not so

I am in the middle of postdoctrate research and I can only be used to
scrutiniser rather to redo the whole translation! The translation as a whole
is literal and dose not have a distinct flavour here is an example:

The method we suggest (suggested) in this paper is suitable for any web
regardless of the size. This should suit your needs whether you a small
individual web or a very large commercial web.

The emphasis seems to shift from: talking about the designer to talking
directly to a web!

الطريقة التي نقترحها في هذه الورقة تصح لمواقع ويب في أي حجم. ستناسب حاجياتك
سواء كنت تُسَيِّر موقع ويب فردي لأعمال صغيرة أو موقع ويب تجاري كبير الحجم.