RE: Right Tools RE: Promotion of XHTML

From: fstorr <fffrancis@fstorr.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 21:11:04 -0000
To: "'W3C Standards Evangelist'" <public-evangelist@w3.org>

There is plenty we can do to reach the masses. Education begins in small
steps. Education in universities, colleges, education of management in
companies who are developing or renovating websites,
education of designers - establishing where designers are learning their
"tricks" from. The toughest audience I have found, in fact, are
programmers and developers.

The world doesn't get changed in a day (or at least not by humans)
- it's a matter of patience and persistance.

++++++

Indeed - the toughest audiences are those developers who are already out
there and don't really see the need to change because, hey, their page
works already.  I remember one of my old managers saying "hey, who put
this damn doctype in the page, no wonder it's stopped working"......

So, yes, small steps.  We'll win in the end though :)

Francis