Re: web standards and accessibility blogs, etc.

Ok. Thanks for the mail, the comments and the trackbacks. I've
incorporated comments and suggestions and updated the post. I think I've
done justice to everyone's input; if not, let me know.

And...

Don XML wrote:

> <snip/>
> I was envisioning something similar for W3C standards stuff. The
> problem with this approach is that not everyone has RSS feeds, and
> then people tend to mix topics in their blogs. What some of the .Net
> guys are working on getting people to use the category support in RSS
> 2.0. This way aggregator sites can pull in only the blog entries that
> are relevant to them. Mix all those blog entries with the W3C RSS
> feed, and you’ve got a great standards evangelist site.

Yes, it occurred to me that I was working "fast", but not particularly
"smart". I didn't mean to get in your way, Don. Apologies.

I wonder if this great aggregator idea doesn't need a bit more lead-time
and planning? For example, what I've posted is really not as "pure" on
the subject of standards as it could be; there is a mix of the personal,
the mundane, sometimes the bizarre and also the standards related. If
there were an aggregator, you'd like to have only the standards and/or
accessibility topics getting pinged through. That kind of leaves it up
to the individual blogger to organize the site in a compatible fashion.
Not impossible, but in need of some discussion. Have no idea how close
to this we might be right now.

W3C *is* the logical place to put the aggregator and if someone can push
some buttons to get that working, that makes a lot of sense.
Alternatively, there might be other venues. For example, the Internet
Topic Exchange (http://topicexchange.com/) is already up and running and
seems to be a self-administered utility. This might be worth a look. It
might happen more quickly and it might get more spread given it's a link
exchange venue that attracts diffuse interests.

What do you think Don?

Cheers. ...edN