[reminder] scope/rules of the list

From: Olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 12:44:12 +0900
To: public-evangelist@w3.org

public-evangelist participants.

I feel now is a good time to remind everyone what the scope of this
list is:

[[
	[ excerpt from http://www.w3.org/QA/IG/#list-evangelist ]
This mailing-list is :
* A place to discuss about web standards Education and Outreach with
web standards evangelists, authors of books, articles or other
resources on web standards.
* A neutral ground for communication, coordination, and
cross-pollinisation between groups involved in web-standards Education
and Outreach.
* A forum to improve the quality of web-standards related books,
publications, lectures and training courses.
]]

I would like to stress out the fact that "*discussion* and
*coordination* about web standards education and outreach" is quite
different from "*arguing* about web standards, about compliance of
vendor X, etc".

I believe that slightly off-topics messages can lead to interesting and
productive results if people participate with basic netiquette and list
scope in mind. Reviewing or asking for opinions on a resource may be a
little off-topic (unless it is your resource, then it fits), but if it
is made in a constructive way (sharing good resources, useful
criticism, discussing and building counter-arguments or corrections...)
it is very welcome on the public-evangelist mailing-list. However,
"rants", "raw" criticism, aggressive messages towards other posters,
etc. should be avoided here, as well as in any other W3C mailing-list.

This place is a wonderful forum for an important task, let's keep it
this way, shall we?

Yours sincerely, olivier.
--
Olivier Thereaux - W3C