Re: [public-evangelist] <none>

"Ineke van der Maat" <inekemaa@xs4all.nl>
> You wrote:
> >Please do not mis-use javascript in this manner... <
>
> What is the alternative way? I only use document.write..and @import
does
> not serve any stylesheet to Netscape 4 and that is not what I want..

You've not explained how you identify NN4, that is the part which you are
misusing, javascript has no way of knowing it is executing in NN4,
therefore you cannot perform some action based on that fact, anything
you're doing is guesswork.

> >In which case you SHOULD NOT be sending it as text/html<
>
> You mean I must serve the xhtml 1.1-site as application/xhtml+xml..
with
> encoding utf-8?
> That is what I already did.

Then Netscape 4 will not be attempt to render the document then (it
doesn't understand that mime-type), so you don't need to hide CSS or
anything from it.

Jim.