Re: PCMag ranks the browsers and says IE6 is the best...

From: Ineke van der Maat <inekemaa@xs4all.nl>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 16:43:38 +0200
To: <public-evangelist@w3.org>

Hello all on this list,

In a German fansite in a page with  important links for fans of the
band, I also have  links to all the latest versions of the most usual
browsers (also Lynx and Jaws).

In pages that are not looking well in Netscape 4 at all, I wrote a
sidebar with the text: When you think the page is not looking nice, why
should not you upgrade to the newest Mozilla version?.

Is this perhaps an idea for your pages too?

I only use valid  XHTML 1.1 and CSS. With javascript I send a base
stylesheet to Netscape 4 and WebTV (is also very bad)

Besites...Amaya is also not so very well in supporting CSS

In Germany 10% of the users still always have Netscape 4X. I also have
Netscape 4.71 and this is also very bad. Of course also mozilla 1.1,
Opera 6.05 and others..
.

Greetings
Ineke van der Maat