Re: Converting to standards... (sort of)

At 08:01 24/09/2002 -0400, Karl Dubost wrote:
>1. Choice of high/well known websites
>2. Traceability of the conversion (techniques used for it)
>3. Authorization of the Web site owner? (often almost impossible, because
>people do not reply to individual request for major websites, another
>problem of Quality)

And 4. `Ownership' of the code. I wouldn't mind contributing to, say,
Dmoz.org[1] for free, but I wouldn't want to spend several tens (or
hundreds) of hours on a commercial website without some benefit to me. This
is obviously even more complex when you think about a group effort.

As an initial site, it might be interesting to build a (X)HTML (4.01|1)
Strict directory using the Dmoz.org RDF dump. Anyone any experience of
using Dmoz.org RDF data? Using Dmoz data would cover 3, and possibly 1.

/me toddles off to cpan.org

Andrew

--
Andrew McFarland
UNITE Solutions          Phone 028 9077 7338

[1] The home page at least is Valid 4.01 Transitional