Re: Wired.com switched to a Web Standards compliant platform

Staying positive and learn from the past mistakes is always more constructive.

At 21:42 +0000 2002-10-14, Christoph Schneegans wrote:
>In <http://devedge.netscape.com/viewsource/2002/wired-interview/>, Douglas
>Bowman states that he wrote "nested tables 10 levels deep". Well, he's going
>to make the same mistake again, this time with div's instead of tables.

Wired has switched. I will say bravo even if it's not perfect. But
more, what we can try to find is why they failed on certain points,
as how we can understand why they have chosen this more than that.

This story gives a good opportunity to write a better tutorial and to
improve explanation for people that will wish to do the same. People
may even want to work with Douglas Bowman to improve Wired XHTML
move, version 2.0.

We all learn of others mistakes, so we have to be indulgent and
helped them when it's necessary and try to make it better at each
version. Nobody's perfect but the openess will help up to achieve
quality.

As Olivier will say "STEP BY STEP" and I might keep the role of the
"STRICT GUY" ;)

So look, identify, learn, and improve your methods, this is the keys.

--
Karl Dubost / W3C - Conformance Manager
           http://www.w3.org/QA/

      --- Be Strict To Be Cool! ---