Lycos Europe goes XHTML and CSS for layout

From: Tom Gilder <tom@tom.me.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 13:43:54 +0100
To: public-evangelist@w3.org

This is excellent.

Most of the Lycos Europe sites will shortly be moving to a new design, which
will validate to XHTML 1.0 Transitional, and use CSS for layout.

Netscape 4 users will get a plain-text version, with no formatting.

The new design has already gone live on the German site at http://www.lycos.de/,
sadly this is not the XHTML/CSS version due to heavy NS4 use there. All other
sites will be getting a version similar to http://jscript.dk/lycos/2/ - and just
look at
<http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fjscript.dk%2Flycos%2F2%2F> :)

I'd like to congratulate the Lycos developers for this, including Thor Larholm
who I know has pushed for standards compliance and a tableless layout.

Please note: I have nothing to do with Lycos. Just reporting good news.

--
Tom Gilder
http://tom.me.uk/