Re: Comparison of Standard and Proprietary Technologies

Bill Mason wrote:

> At 09:00 PM 07/10/2002, Brant Langer Gurganus wrote:
>
>> Please comment.
>

> I would suggest that "Support for standard technologies will never
> end." should be qualified, as certainly technology gets left behind
> all the time, whether it be an 8-track tape or a deprecated FONT tag.

I removed it.  You do have a point there, but I think proprietary
technologies die faster than standard technologies.  Netscape killed
their own document.layers and <LAYER> proprietary stuff.

> Proprietary technology can be more innovative, since proprietary
> technology can be developed faster by its owner than a standard can be
> invented and agreed upon by a standards body.
>
> Standards behavior is not always guaranteed, as the standard can be
> changed.

I will upload a new version shortly.  Continue sending comments.

--
Brant Langer Gurganus
The best life is the one worth living.