Re: Promotion of XHTML

"John Colby" <John.colby@btinternet.com>
> At 11:18 30/12/2002 -0500, Brant wrote:
> I'll also introduce the difference between bold and strong tags with
> reference to speech browsers as well as visual. All this is in XHTML 1.1.
> So the initial development is not so much XHTML as the presentation of
> information across the web to a variety of internet devices.

All very good in theory, but you're missing the legacy aspect (well actually
more current, you're cresting a wave) XHTML 1.1 is not suitable for
deployment on the web alone, so unless you're going to also discuss
techniques for content negotiation and authoring multiple formats you should
really reconsider.

I'd start with HTML 4.01, but as the thread is "promotion of XHTML" I
wouldn't be too hard if you decided on XHTML 1.0 Appendix C.  Although the
idea of doing QA against an Appendix written in prose and with all sorts of
"best avoided's" in strikes me as rather difficult.

Jim.