Re: Netscape 4 and 7

From: Joseph McLean <joseph@secondflux.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 10:30:15 -0700
To: "Holly" <hollymarie@ameritech.net>
Cc: <john.colby@btinternet.com>, <public-evangelist@w3.org>

At 5:50 AM -0500 8/30/02, Holly wrote:
>Someone just told me last week that NN4.8  had been released.
>So it seems that there still is some support for the 4 versions out
>there. I do not know what types of changes were made to this release

It was released, on or around August 22.  I have yet to install it.
Netscape's release notes are available, although they (as usual) don't
actually say anything much.

I can't understand why they would release this ancient browser in the same
week as version 7.  Maybe it's a coincidence, or some larger scheme is
afoot.  Ah Netscape, still an enigma...