Re: FYI: Why Web Standards Matter

At 5:56 -0700 2002-08-19, Thanasis Kinias wrote:
>For laughs, check out the output of running the W3C validator on that
>document:
>
><http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Flibraryjournal.reviewsnews.com%2Findex.asp%3Flayout%3DarticlePrint%26articleID%3DCA%2B232338%26publication%3Dlibraryjournal&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline>

That's often the problem when the author is not the publisher. The
only the author can do is try to convince the people that it must be
deliver as standards. Unfortunately, the publisher usually doesn't
care or doesn't want to fix all the system for one person requesting
it.

But maybe it's another way to ask for more standard, but will work
only with big voices. I don't come to your conference if your website
is not standard.

The other side of it is we are in an educationnal phase, and the
conference organizer can say, not a problem we'll ask for someone
else.

So what's the best?

--
Karl Dubost / W3C - Conformance Manager