Re: Tracking semantic web uptake

From: Dave Reynolds <der@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 08:51:09 +0100
To: Eric Miller <em@w3.org>
CC: public-esw <public-esw@w3.org>

Eric Miller wrote:

> With respect to you specific question, these companies are using PRISM
> [1][2] to facilitate the exchange of  publishers content.
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-primer/#prism
> [2] http://www.prismstandard.org/

Thanks Eric - I should have read the Primer more closely!

> With respect to your more general question on tracking commercial uptake
> of semantic web technolgies, I am (as best as possible).

Excellent.

> However some
> RDF based tools for facilitating this 'cataloging' process and allowing
> for this to be more of a collaborative effort would be extremely helpful
> (wink wink nudge nudge :).

Its possible the RDF schema and formatting tools we used for our SWAD-E report
[*] could be useful. It'd take a bit of work to make them user friendly though.
When (if!) my current work crisis abates it'd be fun to think about this.

Dave

[*]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe/reports/chosen_demos_rationale_report/hp-applications-survey.html