Tracking semantic web uptake

From: Dave Reynolds <der@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 17:41:29 +0100
To: public-esw <public-esw@w3.org>

Is anyone aware of any groups tracking commercial take up of semantic web
technology?

Some of the applications we included in our applications survey report were
commercial but I sure there are lots more that weren't covered in that.

In particular, I was intrigued to notice this quote in an Interweek article on
the Semantic Web:

   "But W3C spokeswoman Janet Daly said RDF technologies are in use today
    by AOL Time Warner Inc., Hearst Corp. and LexisNexis. "

Anyone know what any of these people are using RDF for?

Dave
--
Hewlett-Packard Laboratories    | Phone: +44-117-3128165
Filton Road, Stoke Gifford      | FAX:   +44-117-3128925