Re: opening hours RDF cal use case

As another similar use case, I am avialable by telehpone during certain
hours, and in person (at a given location) during a different set of hours.

foaf:openingHours seems to subclass an idea of being "available" in a way
that is particularly relevant for something carried on at a phyiscal
location. A person doesn't have "opening hours" as such, but is responsive in
different ways (face-to-face, phone, email, etc...) at different times (and
arguably for different people - presumably we will figure that out by having
the ability to restrict information according to trust rules).

To develop the use case further, there are a couple of questions I have. If I
am arriving in Boston/Bristol and staying for half a day, using travel
information according to Dan Connolly's work, will I be able to get to this
shop?

This implies the granularity question you allude to in both time and space -
which seems to be the sort of thing that aboutEachPrefix was meant to help us
deal with.

And how do the two areas of work (travel times with arrival and departure
and shop opening hours) interoperate - have we built a system which allows
for easy merging of these data?

(And what have we learned along the way in terms of how to design RDF
vocabularies and how to model the universe...?)

cheers

Chaals