RE: [WP8] RDF thesaurus schema early start -- can you supply sche ma?

From: Eric Miller <em@w3.org>
Date: 23 Jan 2003 11:18:24 -0500
To: "Wilson, MD (Michael)" <M.D.Wilson@rl.ac.uk>
Cc: "'Dan Brickley'" <danbri@w3.org>, "Matthews, BM (Brian)" <B.M.Matthews@rl.ac.uk>, "Miles, AJ (Alistair)" <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk>, "'public-esw@w3.org'" <public-esw@w3.org>

On Thu, 2003-01-23 at 08:35, Wilson, MD (Michael) wrote:

> Dan,
>
> Schema for thesaurus interchange format is at:
>
> http://www.limber.rl.ac.uk/External/thesaurus-iso.rdf
>
> Description of work to reach that schema is at:
>
> http://www.limber.rl.ac.uk/External/SW_conf_thes_paper.htm

Michael,

I seem to recall hearing that ELSTT (or EELS?) thesaurus was represented
using this schema. Can you confirm? and if so, is this online?  Are
there any other thesauri that are using this schema?

I've heard rumors of generalizing some of the NISO Z39.19 [1] work to
support multilingual thesaurus and I believe that an RDF schema that
supports this requirement would be well received as the basis for such
work. Having several thesauri represented this way would make for a more
compelling argument.

[1] http://www.niso.org/standards/resources/Z39-19.html

semantic web activity lead               http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/
w3c world wide web consortium            http://www.w3.org/