Re: SWAD(-Europe) logo(s)

From: Libby Miller <Libby.Miller@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 13:49:32 +0100 (BST)
To: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
cc: Daniel Dardailler <danield@w3.org>, Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>, public-esw <public-esw@w3.org>, em <em@w3.org>, coralie <coralie@w3.org>

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> Cool. I like Coralie's logos.

Me too. If Coralie can't do it within the timescales, ILRT can employ
someone who normally does good work (though not as nice as Coralie's
work :)

The deadline is early October for logo and leaflets, for the FP 6 launch
in November. It would be useful to know as soon as possible who is going
to undertake the work.

> Are there any ideas we want to convey in the logo? A connection with RDF and
> the RDF logo? A connection with Europe would be good.

Yep: as Dan suggested, it makes sense to have something related to or
even based on Eric's RDF logo if possible; however, we need also to be
able to say that this is our logo which conveys Europeanness.

http://www.w3.org/RDF/icons/

The logo has to be suitable for a bunch of stuff too - mugs, posters
and tshirts as well as leaflets, webpages, different background colours
and sizes etc.

Libby