Re: Deliverable 12.1.1

From: Dave Reynolds <der@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 15:57:59 +0000
To: Danny Ayers <danny666@virgilio.it>
CC: public-esw <public-esw@w3.org>

Danny Ayers wrote:

> >Feedback on the report itself is welcome too!
>
> I've only skimmed so far, but it looks really good ;-)

Thanks. As we noted in the report the app survey is more representative than
comprehensive - there are bound to be many important ones we missed and others
we haven't fully captured - but it felt like a useful start.

> btw, re. semantic blogging - I've been looking at this area with the
> intention of incorporating such facilities in the 'Ideagraph' app I'm
> working on. The approach is aimed more towards the informal blogging arena
> rather than the ClaiMaker scholasticism, and I've started putting together a
> schema at http://purl.org/ibis . I'm planning on using this, along with some
> classification metadata within RSS, and for test domain (dogfood) using my
> blog at http://www.citnames.com/blog/

Sounds interesting. It might be worth exploring whether any of the tools we put
together to support this might be helpful to you and vice versa. If you have any
thoughts on requirements for such tools then we'd be really interested in
hearing about them.

Cheers,
Dave