deliverable 10.2 scalable RDBMS mapping report

From: Libby Miller <Libby.Miller@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 13:08:03 +0100 (BST)
To: public-esw@w3.org

Just pottering around the website - I know Dave and Jan have started it
thinking about this:

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe/plan/workpackages/live/esw-wp-10.html
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe/reports/scalable_rdbms_mapping_report/

I think the intention of this deliverable is ambigious:

[[
Month 5: (10.2: scalable_rdbms_mapping_report) Public report on mapping
data from RDBMS. This
            will describe current best practice on using existing RDBMS
or other storage systems for general
            Semantic Web data. (2 months, report, Pub.)
]]

'mapping from' seems rather different to 'mapping to', i.e. you could
have existing data in RDBMS and map it to RDF, or you could be storing
general RDF in RDBMS. This deliverable seems to cover both. Do we think
this is the case? I think it should :)

cheers

Libby