skos-thes vs xkos, which one to choose?

From: Armando Stellato <stellato@uniroma2.it>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2018 22:59:47 +0000
To: "public-esw-thes@w3.org" <public-esw-thes@w3.org>
Hi,

In deciding how to map some relations as subproperties of skos:broader (such as the partOf relation), I considered the following alternatives:

  *   http://purl.org/iso25964/skos-thes
  *   http://www.ddialliance.org/Specification/RDF/XKOS

I think both of them do not need any introduction to any of you.

Being a mapping of ISO 25964 skos-thes has met more diffusion, though its link is now dead, while xkos has gone through public review last year and there seems to be a very updated new draft from yesterday.

The vocabularies have only a partial overlap, I'm however curious if there's any general convergence on which property to choose for very common relations such as: isPartOf/hasPart or generic/specialize which are available in both vocabularies.

Thanks for any help/opinion!

Armando

Armando Stellato, PhD
ART Research Group,
Dept. of Enterprise Engineering
University of Roma, Tor Vergata
Via del Politecnico 1 00133 ROMA (ITALY)
tel: +39 06 7259 7330 (office, room A1-14);
     +39 06 7259 7332 (lab)
e_mail: stellato@uniroma2.it<mailto:stellato@uniroma2.it>