Re: FAQ- structured data about historical book collections

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 11:15 AM, Vladimir Alexiev <
vladimir.alexiev@ontotext.com> wrote:

> > I'm curious what your objections are to the PROV approach.
>
> PROV is not intended to describe bibliographic info; e.g. how do I state
> "page range" in PROV?

I see. Actually, my main suggestion was how to identify the collections as
they change through time - the members of those collections change, so you
need to represent the different versions as you go. PROV is not an answer
for everything, but can be a very valuable, practical upper level ontology.

> Or, let me turn the question around:
> what are your objections for using BIBO or FRBRoo for describing
> provenance?

None whatsoever, especially since I helped integrate
vocab.org/frbr/coreand PROV (see
http://tw.rpi.edu/web/doc/parallelIdentitiesOGD and
http://tw.rpi.edu/web/doc/mccusker2012ipaw). Most things that you might say
in FRBR can be inferred into PROV.