Re: FAQ- structured data about historical book collections

Dear Colin,

I suspect there's a slight misunderstanding: you've not really addressed W3C as a whole, but the list that is specifically devoted to SKOS, thesauri, classifications etc. Luckily you'll get some feedback on book data, because that's very close to the business of people here, but on the other topics you may want to consult other sources.

public-lod@w3.org - this is the general Linked Open Data list at W3C - probably useful for request that are not domain-specific.
http://lov.okfn.org - a very useful tool to search and get an overview of many vocabularies to structure data.

If after the pointers you've been sent already on the list you need more on library linked data:

http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/XGR-lld-vocabdataset/ - a report on many vocabularies that can be useful in the library sector.
public-lld@w3.org - a list for Library Linked Data; not so active, but there are still many experts registered there and answering the occasional email
lod-lam@googlegroups.com - LOD for Libraries, Archives, Museum - for general discussion on LD for these areas!

Best,