Re: Are multiple notations actually used?

Dear Jacob,

When it came time to convert our MARC Organizations dataset into
RDF/SKOS, we did not want to lose information and granularity we had
collected and maintained for years.  We've formally maintained and
published multiple codes for each Organization (one code is the
"official" one; one code represents a normalized form; another possible
code - though not presently included - is an ISIL [1].  Regardless, the
ISIL, if we choose to include it, represents yet another perfectly valid
code for the same Concept).

In any event, we established two different datatypes, one for each code
(the "official" one and the normalized one).  See, for example:

http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/organizations/dlcmrc.skos.rdf

Yours,
Kevin

[1] http://biblstandard.dk/isil/