Re: SKOS language mapping en-de-fr-it discussion and proposal

Dear Fabio, all,

Apologies for taking so much time to react. I was just too busy...

Fabio, thank you very much for starting this! And others for giving feedback.
Of course the old translations of 2005 [1] are partly outdated, and any refreshing will help. The SWD working group had no resource to invest in this work, so it's left to the community to sort things out.

There had been some progress in the past, with translation of reference documents shown on that page (Thomas' at [2] being one of them) and even a translation of labels in the SKOS RDF file by Peter Krantz [3].

In the coming days I am going to check the content of your document and add add a reference to it from either the wiki [3] or the web site [1], or both.

Note that there is still a problem with how to handle SKOS translations formally in the schema. We cannot change the official W3C RDF file [4]. I had sent a call for help to some fora [5,6] but never really got an answer.

In a way, the fact that your document is more a set of guidelines than a machine-readable version of the vocabularies (unlike the work of 2005) makes our life easier for now. But I guess the real work will have to be done, one day...

Best regards,

Antoine

[1] http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/translations
[2] http://sparna.fr/skos/SKOS-traduction-francais.html