Re: Question: What is Best Practice for a Catalog of ConceptScheme mapping

Dear all,

EDOAL is a very good piece of work, but be careful. Its main drawback is the focus on application that consume alignment data in an advanced way. In particular, all individual link are reified.

I.e the data does not say

C1 skos:exactMatch C2

It states instead something like

cell1
edoal:source C1  ;
edoal:target C2  ;
edoal:relation skos:exactMatch  .

In the case EDOAL targets there are not many other ways to proceed--only named graphs come to mind for representing such context info as EDOAL does. But this could be an obstacle for applications that are focused on simpler (SKOS) data.

Best,

Antoine