Re: French translation of SKOS Reference available

From: Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 18:38:23 +0200
To: <public-esw-thes@w3.org>
Cher Thomas,

Huge thanks for this!
It's really impressive.

I've started to read it, but I've got not enough time unfortunately, so my comments are only for the intro. But I think that's actually the one with the text that was the hardest to translate...

Some comments below, in decreasing order of importance (roughly). I hope this can help make it even better!

Bien cordialement,

Antoine

=========

Compatibilité can be replaced by "cohérence", in line with the logical notion. Consistency is really http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coh%C3%A9rence_%28logique%29.

To me, "schémas" blurs the distinction between schemes and schemas in English. Not sure I get this one entirely, but at least I'd say that "scheme" can have a more informal meaning than "schemas". In our context I'd liken schema to "metadata schema" (à la Dublin Core) or "database schema".
I note that in a couple of places you have used "Schémes de Concepts"

I'd translate "range" by "codomaine" rather than "portée".

"Node labels (note du traducteur : sans doute la notion de "facettes")"
-> I'm quite sure it's not facettes, but I'm not 100% sure what it could be. In an old translation Bernard has used "étiquettes"
http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-swbp-skos-core-spec-20051102/fr

Status de ce Document: Status?

Schémas de Concept -> Schémas de Concepts (in Table of Contents and a couple of other places)

"SKOS Overview" was ketp in English (only in table of contents)

Préférrés->Préférés

Types de Donnée -> Types de Données

Définitions des Classes & et des Propriétés

les thesaurus -> les thesauri (in accordance to choices made in other parts of the doc)

ambigüe -> ambiguë

=========