Re: related measurements (MATCHING) for property names

Hi Kalpa,

On 7/5/2012 1:43 PM, Kalpa Gunaratna wrote:
> Hi,
>     I know that SKOS has several matching properties for concepts in
> ontologies like |skos:closeMatch|, |skos:broadMatch|,
> |skos:narrowMatch|and |skos:relatedMatch||. I want to get some notion to
> say that ||two property names in two ontologies relate or closely match
> each other. Since SKOS is defined for concepts, I think I can't use it
> for my purpose here. For example, I want to use something like
> 'SKOS:closeMatch" for two property names if they mean the same in two
> datasets. I want to know whether there is work going on regarding this
> issue and if so point me to a resource so that I can use it for my
> purpose here. Thank you.

I earlier listed as many of the "approximate" matching predicates I
could find [1], many with explanations. The UMBEL vocabulary [2], which
also relies in part on SKOS, also has many designed approximate predicates.

Google Scholar searches on "sameas" will also turn up many academic