RE: best practice property to use for naming a skos:ConceptScheme

Lexaurus also uses dc:title

Cheers

Rob

From: public-esw-thes-request@w3.org [mailto:public-esw-thes-request@w3.org]
On Behalf Of Stéphane Corlosquet
Sent: 16 March 2011 1:29 AM
To: Bob DuCharme
Cc: SKOS
Subject: Re: best practice property to use for naming a skos:ConceptScheme

Hi Bob,

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 10:06 PM, Bob DuCharme <bob@snee.com> wrote:

Yesterday I was discussing with a colleague whether rdfs:label or
skos:prefLabel would be better, and today I noticed this at
http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/REC-skos-reference-20090818/#L1045 :

<S> rdf:type skos:ConceptScheme ;
  dct:title "My First Thesaurus" ;
  skos:hasTopConcept <B> .

dct: is never declared anywhere. I'm guessing from the t that
http://purl.org/dc/terms/ was meant, but title is a property of
http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/ , not of http://purl.org/dc/terms/ . Either
way, it's confusing and another example of why people should always declare
their prefixes, if only in a note at the beginning of a spec that uses them
in examples.

But enough of my complaining. Has anyone seen a common practice using a
particular property to assign a human-readable label to a
skos:ConceptScheme?

FYI, Drupal 7 uses dc:title for the human readable label of its vocabularies
(skos:ConceptScheme), where dc is mapped to http://purl.org/dc/terms/.

Steph.

thanks,

Bob