Re: skos:prefLabel without language tag

Hi Antoine,

The Metadata Registry requires a language attribute on labels. What we
haven't decided is what we should do when aggregating data from other
'systems' that don't take a preemptive approach to conformance. I recognize
the difference between:
ex:foo skos:prefLabel 'color';
ex:foo skos:prefLabel 'color'@en;
ex:foo skos:prefLabel 'color'@en-US;
...but would strongly prefer that a system recognize that these represent
successive refinements of a single label for the purpose of testing
conformance, although I wonder how often that when evaluating data in the
aggregate such conformance tests are likely to be useful.

OTOH, we do have to wonder what we would return if a REST request asked for
a representation of a concept in language 'en' from an aggregated store. But
I think that's another discussion entirely.

I think a dedicated page on the SKOS wiki might be very useful in the light
of this discussion, perhaps once there's some response from rdf-wg?

Jon