RE: Results of survey "Do controlled vocabularies matter?"

We'd also be interested in discussing potential for standardised SKOS APIs and agree that a standard API could potentially help reduce development effort for SKOS applications.

This has been a recurring theme over the last few years - the SWAD Europe project designed a SKOS API in the early days. We reviewed some of this work recently, along with some of our own developments in a paper for Knowledge Organization 37(4), 2010.
There's a preprint at
http://hypermedia.research.glam.ac.uk/media/files/documents/2010-12-16/cbinding_dtudhope_KO_rev7.pdf

regards

Doug

Douglas Tudhope
Professor, Faculty of Advanced Technology
University of Glamorgan
Pontypridd CF37 1DL
Wales, UK
Tel +44 (0) 1443-483609