Re: Results of survey "Do controlled vocabularies matter?"

Same with PoolParty Thesaurus Management [1]:
We provide "stored procedures" and can offer a variety of pre-defined SPARQL queries,
which can execute queries mentioned by Simon.

But this is not enough: If developers could execute at any SPARQL endpoint, e.g. [2]
queries like

http://vocabulary.semantic-web.at/PoolParty/sparql/semweb/allConceptSchemes

or for any given concept, e.g. [3]

queries like

http://vocabulary.semantic-web.at/semweb/131/allNarrowers
http://vocabulary.semantic-web.at/semweb/131/allRelateds/prefLabel="foo"

in a STANDARDIZED way, then developers don´t have to care about anymore
if the underlying technology is PoolParty, TopBraid or something else AND
they don´t have to learn Sparql but rather could concentrate on a vocabulary´s inherent scheme & logic,

and exactly this is necessary to get things going also for non-SemWebber in my opinion.

If anyone is interested in defining such queries, please let me know!

Cheers,
Andreas

[1] http://poolparty.punkt.at/
[2] http://vocabulary.semantic-web.at/PoolParty/sparql/semweb