Re: Results of survey "Do controlled vocabularies matter?"

What aspects of SPARQL would such a standard layer include? We and our customers are heavily using SPARQL in the context of SKOS, and we have published a SPARQL-based constraint checking library [1] using the W3C Member Submission SPIN [2]. This will validate the various SKOS-specific integrity constraints and has been integrated with TopQuadrant's Enterprise Vocabulary Net (EVN) solution [3].

SPIN also makes it easy to encapsulate reusable SPARQL queries into so-called templates. These templates are basically parameterized queries that have a URI and arguments. Compare to stored procedures in SQL. It would be straight-forward to build and publish such a template library for SKOS, if someone here has a list of queries that they like to ask repeatedly.

Cheers,
Holger

[1] http://topbraid.org/spin/skosspin
[2] http://spinrdf.org/