Results of survey "Do controlled vocabularies matter?"

From: Andreas Blumauer (Semantic Web Company) <a.blumauer@semantic-web.at>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 10:36:12 +0200 (CEST)
To: public-esw-thes@w3.org
Hello all,

we are happy to announce that the results of the survey titled
"Do controlled vocabularies matter?" are available now.

A short write-up and also the link to the report can be found here:

The report itself was published on issuu:

We would be happy to receive comments from the community on this.

As an interesting outcome it can be stated, that people working on controlled vocabularies
seem to have put aside scepticism about the semantic web finally .

On the other side the whole semantic web cake has not been digested yet:
E.g. only a few people from the vocab-community deal with Sparql, which brings me to the conclusion
that a "standard" layer encapsulating Sparql especially designed for SKOS based systems
might help in this situation.

Any activities going on in this area?

Best wishes,

** Semantic Search Online Demo: http://bit.ly/semantic_search