From: Bernard Vatant [mailto:bernard.vatant@mondeca.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 9:26 AM
To: LAABOUDI Christine (OP)
Cc: public-esw-thes@w3.org; Tillett, Barbara; Svensson, Lars
Subject: Re: Representation of Compound Mapping in SKOS

Dear Christine

The SKOS core is now a W3C recommendation and is a stable document that will not be changed.
That said, extension for compound (cordinated) concepts is clearly needed and could someday be put either on the W3C track, either taken in charge somehow by the librarian community.
Beyond SKOS users on this forum, I cc to Barbara Tillett at LoC, with whom I remember exchanging a few words at IFLA 2010 about it, and Lars Svensson at D-NB.
Seems to me there are coordinated concepts in the D-NB linked data publication (Lars correct me if I am wrong) but I could not figure out the ontology used.

Best

Bernard

2011/6/21 LAABOUDI Christine (OP) <Christine.LAABOUDI@publications.europa.eu<mailto:Christine.LAABOUDI@publications.europa.eu>>
Dear all,

In the framework of our Thesaurus Alignment project and on the behalf of the members of the Thesaurus Working Group, we would like to suggest the addition of a new "compound mapping" property in the SKOS-Core.

Examples of mapping between EUR-LEX directory Code (T1) and EuroVoc (T2)

A] Intersective Mapping

T1      04.10.40 Fisheries / Common fisheries policy / State aids
ExactMatch
T2      (common fishery policy AND state aids)

B] Cumulative Mapping

T1      03.06.53 Eggs and poultry  ExactMatch  T2 (poultry OR egg)

Best regards,

Christine LAABOUDI-SPOIDEN
Publications Office
EUR-Lex - Eurovoc Team